If you are passionate and compassionate and have a flare for reaching out to others through a story-telling approach, this might just be the role for you.
The Vancouver Hospice Society (VHS/Society) is a non-profit, charitable organization governed by an independent Board of Directors. We are dedicated to providing compassionate end-of-life and bereavement care as well as a range of support services to individuals, and their families, faced with a life-limiting illness.
As we continues to grow and expand our service delivery in the community, we recognize the need for a creative, engaging and enthusiastic individual to join our team in the role of Manager, Communications (“Manager”).
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, through a compassionate and creative story-telling approach, the Manager will continue to build our strong public profile, enhance community relations and educate the public on our patient and family centric programs and services.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build this new role from the ground up by developing and implementing our internal and external communications and initiatives to support our vision. Initial responsibilities will include an assessment of current capabilities, exploration of potential areas for development, and preparation of a roadmap for achievement of strategic objectives.
The goal is to position the Society as the leading provider of compassionate end-of-life services in Vancouver by aligning our services and needs to our ideal audiences and rolling out a plan to reach and educate them in the most effective and efficient way possible. Communications vehicles include social media, conventional print and journalism, media releases, and crisis communications management.
Down the road, the Manager, along with the Executive Director, will develop, plan and implement proactive fund development programs for the Society, which may include designing an annual giving program; growing and cultivating a pipeline of major gift prospects; developing a legacy giving program; managing online giving, mail, and e-solicitations and supporting the growth of a culture of philanthropy within the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Polished verbal and written communications skills applied in a variety of creative ways for specific and diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills that easily allow you to build and sustain relationships with individuals and groups with diverse abilities and backgrounds.
- Experience managing social media accounts, newsletters, and curating print materials.
- In-depth experience with digital marketing (social media, website content management, video production) and skills in using WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including Premiere Pro and Photoshop) is strongly preferred.
- Additional computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and fundraising database experience.
- Experience with strategic and operational planning and implementing new initiatives.
- Strong leadership qualities to quickly establish trust, respect, and buy-in amongst stakeholders, donors, community resources, volunteers, and staff.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Broad generalist fundraising experience including annual and/or planned-giving, as well as an aptitude for budgeting, forecasting, and ongoing fundraising analysis, is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and within a team and deliver confidently under pressure.
- Demonstrated high degree of emotional intelligence including self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, integrity, compassion, respect, polished social skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or an equivalent level of training and experience.
- Relevant professional certification; CFRE or CMP, is an asset.
- Access to a vehicle and a clear driving record.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends at special events as required.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter by February 18, 2022 to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.