“You matter because you are you, and you matter to the last moments of your life.
We will do all we can not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die.”
Dame Cicely Saunders
Mission, Vision, Values
Vancouver Hospice Society provides compassionate end-of-life care for those facing death and bereavement.
Compassionate End-of-Life Care.
As a community, VHS adheres to the following values:
- Life is cherished as a precious and fragile journey of growth and development with death and dying as a part of life.
- Everyone deserves to be treated with compassion, empathy and respect.
- We believe in enhancing the quality of life for those facing advanced illness and death.
- We promote comfort, dignity and respect for all persons, through the end-of-life and bereavement journey.
- Focus is on care rather than cure, and we are dedicated to making this time as comfortable and meaningful as possible.
- Family and friends are an integral part of the circle of care, and will be supported through their bereavement process.
- We believe in a community-based model of care.